Join Bowhunters United To Help Bowhunting’s Future
Bowhunters are unique individuals who are hardy, hearty and full of vigor. They scout hard and practice often to ensure they harvest their quarry ethically and respectfully. They’re also proud of their heritage and traditions, which are passed down from previous generations.
The bowhunting community is strong, passionate and tightly knit. It’s also about to become much stronger and more visible thanks to a new conservation organization called Bowhunters United.
About Bowhunters United
BU is a national bowhunting organization striving to build a strong future for current and potential bowhunters. BU also encourages members to become mentors, informed conservationists, better bowhunting advocates, and responsible public-land stewards.
Membership proceeds help strengthen the bowhunting community by:
- Addressing hot-topic legislative issues that affect bowhunters. That includes hunting regulations, wildlife-disease research, public-access issues, federal excise-tax policies, and R3 (recruitment, retention and reactivation) efforts to ensure everyone bowhunts safely;
- Recruiting new bowhunters;
- Making bowhunting mainstream in society;
- Donating archery equipment to shooting programs;
- Educating nonhunters about bowhunting’s role in conservation;
- Training its leaders to safely teach archery to newcomers;
- Creating mentoring programs that support and encourage beginning bowhunters;
- Providing funds and grants to help individuals, businesses and outdoor groups build archery ranges and programs that attract bowhunters.
To show your dedication to bowhunting and make a difference in its community, join BU today and get BU swag items and additional entries into the Membership Sweepstakes. The BU Membership Sweepstakes gives members a chance to win cool prizes, including bows, targets, broadheads, and bow accessories and tools. The sooner you sign up to be a member, the more chances you have to win throughout the year.
You’ll also get access to tools and knowledge to become a better bowhunter, mentor, conservationist, and natural-resources stewards. BU members also receive a free subscription to hunting magazines, and discounts on popular hunting and mapping apps for tablets and smartphones.
Joining BU is easy, and helps secure bowhunting’s long-standing traditions, and makes bowhunting accessible and enjoyable for all.
To become a BU member and get entered for your chance to win cool prizes, follow these steps:
- Visit the BU membership page at www.bowhuntersunited.com/join-today
- Pick between a basic, standard or premium membership and select “Join Now.”
- Create an account, answer a few questions about you, and click “Next.”
- Enter your payment information and hit “Submit.”
- You’ll receive a confirmation email upon completion and get your member packet in the mail.
One of the First Members
Ben Summers, a dedicated bowhunter from Virginia and vice president of T.R.U. Ball/AXCEL Archery, wanted to be the first BU member when hearing about the organization. That’s why he joined immediately.
“BU has an incredible potential for good,” Summers said. “Any group that teaches our kids and friends how to be more dedicated hunters and a part of nature is a blessing to society and our communities.”
Summers said he knows other conservation organizations do amazing things for wildlife and wild places. Still, he sees the need for a group to teach and promote bowhunting, and stand up for the rights of archers.
Summers started bowhunting in 6th grade, and has enjoyed it for 32 years. He got his son involved, and recently watched him arrow a doe during Virginia’s youth bowhunting weekend. He felt proud, and almost broke down when his son acknowledged the deer’s sacrifice, and thanked God for the food and hunting opportunity. “That’s what I think the mission of BU is all about: teaching people how to be ethical bowhunters, and fighting for their rights to bowhunt,” Summers said.
He encourages all bowhunters to become BU members.
“America is home to about four million bowhunters, and even more who support what we stand for,” Summers said. “Alone, we are few and have little power, but together we are a strong force for good. As a BU member, you have a voice. You’ll be part of the force that ensures bowhunting for generations. You can sit on the sidelines or be part of the game.”
Share Bowhunters United
Join BU to build a stronger, more unified bowhunting community. Also encourage your friends, family members, and fellow bowhunters to join BU. Invite them to visit bowhuntersunited.com and click the “Join Now” button.
Remind your bowhunting friends that supporting conservation organizations like BU benefits wildlife and preserves hunting’s future. Plus, joining this organization connects you to like-minded individuals nationwide.
Your contribution will help BU advocate for the sport, conserve public lands, and build the next generation of bowhunters through training, education and other programs.
Please use the Bowhunters United handles and hashtag to help us spread awareness about this new, powerful organization:
- Facebook: Bowhunters United
- Instagram: @BowhuntersUnited_Official
- Hashtag: #bowhuntersunited
Visit bowhuntersunited.com for more information about the organization’s goals and mission.