EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2022
Individuals who visit our sites and use our Services fall into several categories: visitors to our sites (“Users”), Premium Subscribers (“Subscribers”), and individuals whom we approve. This policy covers information we collect across all three of those groups.
By visiting the Sites, using or downloading the Application, or using any of our Services, you agree that your information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Company Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
Information We Collect About You
How We Use Your Information
How We Share Your Information
Third-Party Ad Networks
Security of Your Information
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and we collect some information automatically when you use our Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
To create an account as a Premium Subscriber, you must provide at a minimum the following information:
- Email address
Additionally, if you make a purchase on our website, we may collect payment information, such as your credit or debit card information, your billing address, and your shipping address. We may also collect customer relationship management information, including name, contact information, birthday and so on. We do not share your client information with any other third party, especially not with other outfitters.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We offer the option for you to register and login to our Services through your existing social network accounts. If you choose to do this, you are expressly consenting to our collection of this information from third parties. We collect the following information from these sites:
Facebook: If you log into our Services using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook login information. We will ask that you grant us permission to:
- Access and collect your Facebook basic profile information (including your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have designated as “public” on your Facebook account)
- Post to your Wall
- Access posts in our newsfeed
- View your “likes”
- Access your Facebook data at any time even if you are not using Facebook
Please note that if you allow us access to Facebook, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public on Facebook.
Twitter: If you log into our Services using Twitter, you must enter your Twitter login information. By logging in through Twitter, you are granting us access to read tweets from your timeline and see whom you follow. We will also be able to view your profile.
We may store and combine the information we receive from these social networking sites with other information that we collect from you or receive from other sources. Social networking sites control the information they collect from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
We also collect the following information from you automatically and use it for the purposes described below:
- Domain name
- Your browser type and operating system
- Web pages you view on the sites; links you click on the sites; your IP address
- The length of time you visit our Sites or use our Services
- The referring URL (the webpage that led you to our Sites)
- Mobile device ID; Device name and model; operating system type, name, and version
- Language information
- Activities within the App such as user generated content, and the length of time you are logged into our App
- Geolocation information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device that allows you to “check in” to certain locations and activities You may turn this feature off through the location settings on your device, although you may lose some of the functionality of our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving our Services: To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- Tailoring Content: To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites or our Services.
- Marketing and Communications: For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your mobile phone number, our app, or your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- Research and Analytics: To better understand how you access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites and Services and respond to your desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal Compliance: To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Business Partners. We partner with other companies to integrate our services with theirs, improving the functionality of our services. We share your information with these partners if you opt-in to this integration.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to act in accordance with legal authorizations, comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing (including targeted marketing on our websites or App), advertising, research or similar purposes.
We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Flash Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and app users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Cross-Device Use. We and our third-party service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Sites, from our mobile applications, through your device(s), or from a third party) to help us and our third party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). We, and our third-party service providers also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Third-Party Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Sites, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Quebec, Canada users may opt-out of their information being shared in the form of nominative lists with third-party advertisers. By using our Sites, you are consenting to the sharing of your information with these third-party advertisers, however you may opt-out of your information being shared in nominative form with these third-party advertisers by contacting us at our legal address.
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Sites and Services, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Sites or Services. If you post content or email us content with intention to have us post it to our Sites or Services, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Sites. If you post your own content on our Sites or Services, your posting may become public and Company cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Transfer/Storage of Personal Information
Outdoor Specialty Media Group LLC. is headquartered in the United States of America, and our business partners, service providers, vendors, contractors or agents may be located outside your country or jurisdiction of residence. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred or stored outside your country or jurisdiction of residence and, as such, will be accessible to law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities according to the applicable laws in such countries/jurisdictions.
Access To My Information
You may modify information that you have submitted by logging into your account when applicable and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Sites or Application for a period of time. You may request access to or correction of your personal information by contacting us, through the mechanism indicated below under “Contact Us”.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Information?
Marketing. With your consent, we may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or by contacting us through the mechanism indicated below under “Contact Us”. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Access, Amend and Correct. If you wish to access personal information that you have submitted to us, to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted to us, to request deletion of or object to processing of your information, please send your request to [email protected]. We may ask you for additional information so that we can confirm your identity.
Deactivation. You can deactivate your account at any time by contacting us at the email address at the bottom of this page. However, you will not be able to access many of the services to deactivate your account. Please note that even if you request deactivation of your account, it may take some time to fulfill this request.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites and Application. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Sites and Application.